Question about a Neptun drilling

Back to topic: was it state of the art to mount the Einstecklauf "in the field" when needed? Is it "drop-in"? I really can't see that it holds precision like that even with markings on barrel and Drilling to align them.

Ich habe mit so etwas nie geschossen, aber ich weiß von Älteren, dass man den Einstecklauf beim Einschießen zur Justage entnehmen und an den Schrauben verstellen muss, bis die Treffpunktlage passt.

Danach kann man den Einstecklauf jederzeit verwenden und die Treffpunktlage bleibt stabil.

I never used such a Short Insertbarrel but I was told by old hunters how it works. You need to adjust the screws on the Short Inserbarrel until the bullet will hit the rigt place. You need to take the Insertbarrel out of the gun to adjust these screws and then put it into the drilling again.

Once adjusted the short insertbarrel will hold zero and can be used at every time.

I hope my english is not too bad.

This kind of short insertbarrel once was very common and its really a kind of art. The Krieghoff Drilling with the special storage compartment is possibly the most iconic iteration of this art.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Online-Statistiken

Zurzeit aktive Mitglieder
Zurzeit aktive Gäste
Besucher gesamt
Oben